MONDAY, MARCH 13
- This morning drive to Bethany to visit Lazarus’ Tomb and the village of Mary and Martha.
- Then on to Biblical Jericho, believed to be the oldest city in the world.
- View Elisha’s Spring and the Mount of Temptations.
- Continue to the Dead Sea, 1288 feet below sea level, site of ancient Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Stop at the Caves of Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered and visit the excavations.
- On the east side of the Dead Sea are the Moab Mountains and Mt. Nebo where Moses viewed the Promised Land.
- Continue to the citadel stronghold of Masada. Ascend by cable car to the fortress where 967 Zealots made their last stand against Rome in 73 AD. Return to Jerusalem. (B,D)